Monday, June 22, 2009

Whooo, I've finally got my favourite author of all times, Malcom Gladwell!

Read his recent book, "Outliers" and I find that it is just a fantastic representation of the backgrounds of successful people and why sometimes individual merits are not the sole and often too, crucial factors behind the reasons for success. Like what was mentioned in the starting chapter of the book, psycologists like to call it "accumulative advantages". Whoa, nice terms. His connecting points just make me wanna read on to find out what other reasons behind personal success are not due solely to individual merit. Fresh perspective I would say.

So since I had 2 out of his 3 books, I got dad to complete the set. "The tipping point", how the spark can change everything in short.

Its no wonder he was named Times Magazine's 100 most influential people in 2005.

No comments: