Monday, October 22, 2007

Ahhhh finally some time to blog.

Sch's quite fine now. At last, got my timetable SETTLED once and for all. Actually the Ang-Moh lecturer from the Dip.Plus prog was quite nice to schedule me in and out for the lectures and tutorials since there's a clash in my time-table. Felt so bad to trouble him with all the e-mails of notification regarding my next free time slot. Ok, never had a Ang-Moh for a lecturer before but this one here's quite ok and to be honest, though theres a bit of slang in his talking (well I mean which Ang-Moh doesn't??),he explains the theories quite clearly and evidently,he's proficient in his knowledge of maths. Noted that there's a slight difference in the teaching styles between Singapore teachers and my Ang-Moh lecturer. Singapore teachers in maths prefer to go through examples and how to go about solving the question, and gradually the students go by a system of going through the examples and using the example's solving methods to finish up their questions. On the other hand, this Ang-Moh lecturer here applies the theoretical method by making the student understand the whole "topic's" structure, goes about proofing the equations and then doing exercises. IMO, I find that this method is much more useful. To put it in an analogy, Singaporean teachers are like telling you how the past leaders did this problem in this way and so you're suppossed to do it somewhat like this and blah blah blah.However,that Caucasian guy's approach would be to analyse the whole situation, do basic definitions before diving into the solutions.Aiyah all in all,his method ROCKS! Too bad he's from New York,not London,otherwise I would've asked him if he was a fellow Manutd supporter. Hehe.

Recently got a new pair of Sennheiser earphones! Lost the cover of my Samsung one and the absence of that minor part alr makes the whole thing unable to be used. Oh well, the bass of the Sennheiser one is not bad and the whole 3D sound in the system sounds quite good,esp.when listening to F.I.R's rock music. Wah I tell you man, never wanted to drop it after listening to all the rock and bass F.I.R songs.COOL!

Can someone move the hour hand of the clock faster so that we get closer and closer to Christmas? Thanks.

No comments: