Saturday, April 29, 2006

The love we want

I learnt and realised 1 hidden fact from yesterday's story sharing session. Just 1, but its a powerful 1.

As the story goes, the family invited love in. And I do agree that with love, everything is possible. But I would like to just talk on the part on why at first the father and boy wanted to choose success and prosperity.

I dont deny that I buy branded goods too. But my reason is different. I believe in its quality. Some who buy branded goods buy it for the sake of showing to others that they are rich and cool. In return, others will interact with the person more just to become as cool. Is this not buying love. I am sure the clothes at Hang Ten as also as comfortable. Everyone wants love but they obtain it differently. We all go for success and prosperity but in the end, are we not trying to obtain the love that success and prosperity gives us. If success and prosperity gives us hatred and troubles, no one would go for it. So with love presented to us, why do we still want to obtain it through an alternative route instead of having it directly? I strongly agree that with love, everything is possible, because we have placed love as our ultimate goal and this mental strength will replace the physical weakness.

Another thing. I think that our attitudes really matter. For instance, if I am very interested in a game, I would go all out to play it and to play it well. If I possess this attitude, no matter how tired I am, I will still play the game. This is what I call the love of the subject. Maybe we can apply it to our studies. Just thought of it, studying is just about knowing and understanding a certain concept. The questions are just to test and ask you about the concept. The tougher ones and like the tougher levels in a game, but if we possess the right attitude, we will conquer it. So, it all boils down to attitude. Sad to say, I dont possess it. Maybe soon? Lets see.

But with all this love and sttitude, 1 more would be discipline. Without discipline, nothing will be accomplished.

For those who understand what I wrote, I sincerely thank you and I hope that it has changed your perspective of life. It is such a nice feeling to just note that people do read the whole post because I know some do. Even if t means only 1 person, I would just post for that 1 person to read. Because in life, quality, but not quantity, counts.

No comments: