Sunday, March 18, 2007

In contrast to what I had posted a few days back, I made a new decision to buy a Fujitsu Life-book. Well, I made that decision when the notebook order-form reached me. I then realised in an instant the pricings that I saw on the NP website a few weeks back was actually BACK-DATED! Now, the notebooks are cheaper and surely, better.

Stopped by the HDB hub today after the gym and it was packed with people seeing the Campus superstar auditions. Not often do I see so many people at the Hub. Lots of mei-meis there today too. =) HAHA However, I find it absurd for some people who have poor voices to actually contest. If you'd told me you had a stage fright, fine, some people are actually first-timers on stage. But to sing so horribly would be un-acceptable. Sometimes, we have to know our limits.

For those who read the newspapers regularly these days, I'm sure you guys would have noted that there was a common topic being mentioned, which is about the issue on some average students not being able to enter polytechnics. The reason behind this is fierce competition from their counterparts who are JC eligible but still decided to enrol in a polytechnic course of their choice. Today's newspapers saw some teenagers commenting that it was tough luck for the average students. I didnt agree with them totally. In some sense, I find that they are not sympathetic towards the average students. They might be smart,clever,talented or whatever you name it,but never should we forget those who "do not see the light as fast". No matter what, there would always be someone who is just not as smart and may be lagging behind. We should always try and be in their shoes and understand their predicament. The key-word here is understand. If everyone were to be that fast in learning, everyone would be branded as average.Society should progress as a whole and not push the elite forward and leave the average people behind. Of course we should not accept ridiculous cases of students struggling to enter engineering courses when they have failed their maths and sciences. All in all, everyone has to accept the fact that in this world, no-one waits for you. Opportunities gone will never be presented in the same form again.

With me speaking on the polytechnic issue, its interesting to note that so many high-scorers are entering polytechnics. Now, I can daringly say that some polytechnic students are even better than JC students. Argue it in anyway you wish to, but that is what I feel. Not that I am not receptive to other views, but I have seen too many cases of JC students priding themselves as better over their poly counterparts to be able to come to a conclusion that JCs are still better. Now, the stage is equal. No offence to any of my friends studying in JC though. =)

Holding..

No comments: