Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm sure many kw of the latest news abt a Tri-athlethe tt jus passed away while participating in a SEA games trial. Well, I dont kw him but since the newsarticles in the Sports section a few days back reported abt him, I got to kw a little more on him and what happened. Basically, his heart stopped functioning after he completed his Triathlon race and before any medical help could be given, he passed away. Well, its a sad thing, for Singapore to lose a talented student and triathlete. I heard from my brother that Thaddeus had been studying in Catholic High pri sch and did not do well in the PSLE examinations. However, he went to appeal to the Catholic High (Sec) sch principal to take him in. The principal agreed to, on the condition that he was able to do well in his Final-year examinations in his then current secondary sch. In the end,he did it. I also heard that he won loads of awards for Catholic High in track events. After his Os, he went to RJ and continued his passion for triathlon there. From what I read, he trained 2 times a day! Well, I cant even push myself to even run twice a wk in the hols. Moving away from the sporting aspect, he was said to be a warm and caring person from testimonies by his family and friends. I personally admire him. He had the passion and determination. He knew what he wanted and worked hard for it. That's what I like, hard work,people who are willing to put in their very best effort to achieve what they want. He postponed a family trip away during the June hols to concentrate on training for the trials. Evidently, he loved the sport and wanted to do well in the trials in order to represent Singapore. He could have just trained like a few times in a week and not care less if he didnt make the mark for the trials. But, he didnt. It's a case of more than 100% effort put in. Somehow, I like ppl who strive hard.Who could have imagined a student with a PSLE T-score of abt 180 plus could make it to RJC. In any circumstance, I believed he worked hard towards it. Hard work always pays, but in his case,it paid off too late. He did not have a chance to reap the rewards. I loved this sentence in the Straits Times atricle on him, "Ironically, it was his big heart which touched family and friends that failed him in the end". I think he probably exerted his heart way too much. But well,before he went, he actually did a good deed for the rest of the triathletes, which is to raise awareness of first aid and medical facilities present at such events.Rest In Peace Boy.

No comments: