Friday, February 17, 2006

The Valentine week

The Valentines day week has passed. On that special day itself, many were seen carrying flowers and chocolates to their friends. Thanks jie for the small packet of sweets and chocolates. Roses were sent and delivered to many either by close friends or loved ones. And , I would like to query, what happened to the chocolates I gave the CC boys team? Needless to say, it must have been eaten up by some only some of the CC boys team members.

CY b'day today. Wow, had a small celebration for him. All was quite well until the comment he gave that made me and some others feel a little uncomfortable. Never mind, hopes this does not happen again.

Tomorrow is the CC boys team prelim round. Go for it boys, show the hard work put in and obtain the deserved results. All the best for them.

Just want to pose a question. Those who are willing to answer can post their answers on the tagboard. Dont worry, for I will not go against or discriminate any who give comments. I just want to know more of other's opinions. Here goes the question. Do you make friends because they have the looks, charisma, boldness,having helped you once,associate well with you or do you befriend them because they have the charactor and good values of life and friendship that you are looking out for? To me, I would choose friends whom I think have the capability to think for themselves and know when to make a right decision and to avoid a mistake, even though I do admit people do make mistakes. I feel it is how you pick up from the mistake and carry on, not how you committed the mistake and regret the mistake made. As always, a mistake made is a lesson learnt but 1st you would have to accept the fact that you made a mistake.

Enough of those stuff. Now to some more relaxing ones. Saw Jun Liang with his deck of poker cards today and the way he did his magic tricks were fantastic. Well, I do hope to learn a skill or 2 from him. Meanwhile, Jamie I am sure you are now even better than me in doing the phone-card trick that I taught you . You were twisting and turning it half the training session. Haha. Anyway I am getting a little interested in poker card magic tricks now. They look so cool and are just simply amazing.

Anyway, just got this thinking when I saw Jun Liang holding the poker cards. At first, I thought he was getting the people around him to gamble. But after going nearer, I realised he was actually doing magic tricks. So, what I learnt from this is that we must not judge one's character just by looking at them from far. Instead, we should get close to them, observe them from near and understand their position.

That's all I have to say for the week. Since this is Valentines day week, I would not want to thrash out all the unpleasant stuff. So happy weekend my blog readers and I would just like to end off with a small little inspiring message.

When was life ever easy? Life had never been easy in the 1st place. But it is the determination of one to pull through the sorrows and obstacles of life that builds and displays one's true character.

No comments: