Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lin Jun Jie is simply a fantastic singer. The songs that he writes are also very erm...melodious. It really keeps me running on and on during my weekly jogging sessions. Talking about jogging, I've started on a new jogging route.I run from my home to the ex-Braddell Westlake Sec, cross the overhead brigde to RJ, up RI, then to the Bishan Stadium. Over there, I would complete my 3 sets of push-ups, crunches and jumping jacks. Let's just hope this works. Anyway, its very quiet along the route, with only the cars travelling along the road and some Raffles students around.

Just received an e-mail on some pictures.Had the intention to delete it at first but took a little peek at it before I decide to do so. That peek prevented me from deleting it and brought me back to reality. The harsh reality. The e-mail consisted of some pictures of people in China who are suffering and how hard their life there is. One particular picture had a man carrying some coal on his back, with a straw basket containing all of the coal. Didnt feel much about the picture initially but upon reading the captions, everything came pouring out. The captions said that the man was only 17 years old and was made to carry 20 kilos of coal over a distance of 10km. For this, the pay was a dollar per trip. I simply cant bring myself to imagine it. A dollar a trip. How is he going to survive like that, how would he be able to make ends meets.Moreover, he is just a 17 year old. In Singapore, most think that 17 year olds are enjoying their youth, hanging around the mall with their friends, playing online games, catching the latest blockbuster. Who'd imagine a 17 year old do such a job. Come to think of it, Singapore's poor can be considered quite fortunate in the eyes of the poor in the foreign lands. How lucky are we. What are our sufferings compared to theirs. We complain about having education in well equipped schools but others are moaning over the lack of education. How saddening it is to know of such events happening around the globe.

On a lighter note, the weekends are just around the corner. YEAH!!

Just waiting..

No comments: